Accepted
38 0 3 4

EMA Examples build crash

I'm building the sources from Elektron-SDK1.2.0.linux.zip

cd setup
cmake -H"Elektron-SDK1.2.0.linux.rrg" -B"build"
make -C build

It crashes on

No rule to make target 'Elektron-SDK-BinaryPack_dacs_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND', needed by 'Elektron-SDK1.2.0.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Eta/Executables/UBU16_64_GCC540/Optimized/authlock'.  Stop.
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:3183: recipe for target 'Cpp-C/Eta/Applications/Examples/AuthLock/CMakeFiles/authlock.dir/all' failed

When I disable build of eta/Applications, it crashes on the first Ema training example:

/home/jakub/workspace/elektron/setup/Elektron-SDK1.2.0.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Eta/Libs/UBU16_64_GCC540/Optimized/librssl.a(ripcsslutils.c.o): In function `ripcInitializeSSL':
ripcsslutils.c:(.text+0xc28): undefined reference to `dlclose'
make[2]: *** [/home/jakub/workspace/elektron/setup/Elektron-SDK1.2.0.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Executables/UBU16_64_GCC540/Optimized/Cons100] Error 1

Is anyone else experiencing this kind of problems on Linux?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @jakub.ukrop,

I would like to confirm that you had a chance to build the Binary Pack prior to building the examples, i.e. eta/applications

To be exact, you run

cmake Elektron-SDK1.2.0.linux.rrg

And it run on your machine successfully, without errors?

(During the build it attempts to hook up dependencies from github, and if, for example, your box has no internet connectivity, this will fail, and there will be an error message to that regard...)

It does not look like your Binary Pack is built properly, and that is why it is NO_FOUND.

Upvotes
Accepted
261 1 2 3

@jakub.ukrop

It appears that you're trying to build on Ubuntu, is this correct?

According to the Elektron SDK API Compatability Matrix, we do not support Ubuntu. Can you reproduce these issues on a supported platform?

While we are open to users building the Elektron SDK on other platforms, we only guarantee and support building and running applications based on the supported platforms. If this issue cannot be reproduced on a supported platform, the support burden is shared with the user.

That said, if you do find a fix, please consider sharing it with the community as a pull request on GitHub.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
38 0 3 4
@mitchell.katoTR

Yes I'm on Ubuntu, I never checked the compatibility matrix (seeing "Linux" in the Quick Start and thinking I'm ok). Thanks, I'll try on windows today.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.