For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
20 3 2 5

TRKD Websockets API unresolved reference MarketPriceAuthentication.java (Options addOption())

I am trying one of the sample streaming examples in Java from the TR Dev Portal with TRKD using websockets for streaming data. I seem to be missing a jar file to satisfy the reference to a couple of classes, which I think should be in cli-commons.jar. However, adding this to the build path (in Eclipse) does not help. The lines of source with unresolved references are pasted below. The particular example I am trying to run is MarketPriceAuthentication.java, but the unresolved references apply to all the java examples.

form the Websocket API downloads here:

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/elektron/websocket-api/downloads

The unresolved references are (in all the Java examples): lines 53-61

options.addOption(Option.builder().longOpt("hostname").hasArg().desc("hostname").build());

options.addOption(Option.builder().longOpt("port").hasArg().desc("port").build()); options.addOption(Option.builder().longOpt("app_id").hasArg().desc("app_id").build()); options.addOption(Option.builder().longOpt("user").hasArg().desc("user").build()); options.addOption(Option.builder().longOpt("position").hasArg().desc("position").build()); options.addOption(Option.builder().longOpt("password").hasArg().desc("password").build()); options.addOption(Option.builder().longOpt("auth_hostname").hasArg().desc("auth_hostname").build()); options.addOption(Option.builder().longOpt("auth_port").hasArg().desc("auth_port").build()); options.addOption(Option.builder().longOpt("help").desc("help").build());

And in MarketPriceAuthentication.java: lines 114, 115

builder.loadTrustMaterial(null, new TrustSelfSignedStrategy());

SSLConnectionSocketFactory sslsf = new SSLConnectionSocketFactory(builder.build(), NoopHostnameVerifier.INSTANCE);

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtorkd-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@mark.ringrose

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

@mark.ringrose - TRKD is a different product and not related to the Elektron Websocket API, that you are referring to here. I am moving this question into appropriate category.

To compile the Java samples, look at ivy.xml file for a list of dependencies, or use ivy package manager to download and manage it automatically.

In my machine, I have following jar files in the classpath to compile and run:

commons-cli-1.4.jar
commons-logging-1.2.jar
httpclient-4.5.3.jar
httpcore-4.4.6.jar
json-20140107.jar
nv-websocket-client-2.3.jar
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.