Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 3 4 5

which field to use for Total Return nos. in excel API. TR.TotalReturn is not working

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@sujit

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@sujit, a few questions.

Which API are you using? If it is .NET, the Data API does not have access to the fundamental database, only real-time and time series.

Which asset are you looking to get Total Return for? TR.TotalReturn refers to equities.

Here is an example in Excel:

=TR("AAPL.O","TR.TotalReturn","SDate=0D EDate=-1AY")

Here is the same result in the Python API:

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I downloaded single query sample excel book from https://docs-developers.thomsonreuters.com/1535000730857/12020/ that has field list mentioned as TRDPRC_1.HIGH etc. When I replace those fields with TR.TotalReturn, it returns invalid field. But TRDPRC_1.HIGH etc returns valid nos. singlequery.png

singlequery.png (100.5 KiB)

@sujit

You are using an incorrect API. TR.TotalReturn is a fundamental database field, you can access it with an API called DEX - here is the tutorial

@Zhenya Kovalyov Thanks for pointing this out. However, when I try to initialize Dex2 seession, it throws up an error: 53:File not found: PLVbaApis.dll

When I try to add this dll to References-VBA project, it says: Cant add a reference to the specified file

Regard

Sujit

are you running the code in Eikon Excel? Do you have a correct declaration of the function?

Public Declare Function CreateReutersObject Lib "PLVbaApis.dll" (ByVal progID As String) As Object

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.