Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 1 6

Excel continuous retrieval of data

Hello, I'm using Eikon on Excel to retrieve live Data. I would like it to refresh and update datas continously even when My excel file(Workbook) is minimized(I'm working on something else or opening some other applications). Because I'm setting a timer on VBA to create a PDF from the excel file, and when I open the PDF I find #VALUE instead of the value(It means that eikon wasn't retrieving the DATA)

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapieikon-com-apiexcel
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

I don't think the #VALUEs you see in the pdf file are a function of Excel being minimized. =TR and =RtGet functions in Eikon Excel continuously update the values returned in Excel worksheets no matter whether Excel is minimized or whether the workbook is active. I think something else must be causing the cells to return #VALUE at the time the pdf is created.
Attached is a quick example I created to test this. On my end I always see the values in the pdf created even if Excel is minimized and the workbook is not active.

createpdf.zip

createpdf.zip (15.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.