question

Upvotes
Accepted
87 7 13 27

what is the effect of funtion "FieldEntry::getRippleTo"

hello:

I am developing with EMA(C++);

I found the function getRippleTo in the Examples, I get the print of this function;

But I can not understand.

So, we can explain it to me? thanks very much.

thomsonreuters::ema::access::FieldEntry::getRippleTo (Int16 fieldId = 0) const
elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @luxiangyuan

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hello @luxiangyuan

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.
Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@luxiangyuan

Basically, the field list also supports rippling. Rippling is a property of a field entry that replaces the value with a newly received value and propagates the former value to an alternate filed entry. Rippling reduces bandwidth consumption since the Provider need not again distribute former values. Rather, the Consumer propagates the former value to the alternate field entry as identified through a dictionary. It is a responsibility of the Consumer to ripple the field entry.

EMA does not ripple any field entry on behalf of the application. That why EMA provide method getRippleTo which can be used to determine if the field entry has ripple field and you can also use getRippleToName to get ripple field name. You can find more details about both methods from EMA Reference manual which is Html help file provided in ESDK package.

The application needs to handle the ripple fields by itself like other TREP APIs. You can refer to consumer example 240_MarketPrice_RippleFields that provided in the EMA package. Sample use case in the example is to handle Ripples Fields BID_1, BID_2 and ASK_1 and ASK_2 for BID and ASK field.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.