Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 0 1 1

Inconsistent result of news data from Eikon API

Hello,

I was using Eikon's Python API to pull news data and I found that the result from the API is not consistent. When I pull news from the source NS:RTRS, there will be a <p class='tr-slugline'> in which contains the keywords of the news. The problem is the news pulled using get_news_story don't have consistent result on that tag.

E.g. When I pulled the data from news about protest in Paris, the keywords in Eikon Desktop showed FRANCE-PROTESTS/VIOLENCE. But when I pulled the news via Python API, it showed either FRANCE-PROTESTS/VIOLENCE or BC-WORLD or BC-AMERICA.

Could this be possible bug? Or is there any alternative to get these keywords with consistent results?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierrornews
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@4080e5fa-dc1b-4599-b277-73c809e124de the keyword section you are referring to is free text format, and it is difficult to determine the root cause without the news story identifier. Would you please share it?

This one for example, urn:newsml:reuters.com:20181201:nL8N1Y60JK:1

@4080e5fa-dc1b-4599-b277-73c809e124de, I see no difference. Could you please provide a screenshot?

Also, it would be helpful to have a look at your python code.

Hello,

As currently the issue can not be reproduced, we are going to keep the discussion open for another week, in case there are further findings.

Upvotes
Accepted
23 0 1 1

I'm not sure why but I don't face the problem anymore. The previous problem was that keywords of several news were shown as BC-WORLD or BC-AMERICA. I'll tell you again if I can replicate this issue. Thank you for your support.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.6k 26 7 22

the issue could not be reproduced

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.