Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

Announcement: New Python Quants Video Tutorial Series for Eikon API

To coincide with the release of the Eikon Data API, the Developer Community team have been working with Dr. Yves Hilpisch (author and founder of The Python Quants) to create a series of 13 tutorial videos and accompanying Jupyter notebooks - on various applications of this new API.

The topics of these videos range from data retrieval, to machine learning, to algo trading, building in complexity. We hope you find these videos and associated Jupyter notebooks useful.

eikonpythonapi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi - newbie: where do I find the links to API reference docs? If I google and try to go to

Eikon Data API | Refinitiv Developers

developers.refinitiv.com › api-catalog › eikon-data-api

i get 401/404

thanks

@john.lupton

When asking a new question, please always start a new thread. Old threads with accepted answers are not monitored by forum moderators. If it's helpful to reference an old thread, include a link in your post.

To answer your question, try https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/eikon/eikon-data-api
I'm afraid it's not clear to me how exactly you tried navigating to the documentation or what URLs returned HTTP status 401 or 404 for you. If you need further help with this, please start a new thread.

Alex hi - firstly thank you for taking the time to respond: I note your housekeeping comments - my thinking was that this post is about a place to start and linking to ref docs would be a natural thing for me.

To answer your question, if I click on the link you posted I get the following which is the same as i get when i click other urls from google search results:

So for some reason although i am logged in as a licence fee paying refinitiv user i do not have credentials to access the ref docs for some reason.

As I said I am a newbie and am finding my way so I appreciate your understanding and time. thanks

Show more comments
Upvote
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

Let us know what you think in the comments below.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
135 15 10 10

I believe that this series is extremely helpful, many thanks to Yves and colleagues at Refinitiv for putting it together!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5.8k 21 2 6
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.