For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 1 1 2

DSS REST API HTTP Error

When requesting EoD extract on Demand using the URL https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractWithNotes

I am getting the error {"error":{"message":"No HTTP resource was found that matches the request URI 'https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractWithNotes'."}}

Has the URL endpoint changed?

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @isabella.sharpley,

The error can be also received, when the HTTP verb is not POST. Could you also verify whether the request is POST?

isabella.sharpley avatar image isabella.sharpley veerapath.rungruengrayubkul

Thanks, that was the problem!

Christiaan Meihsl avatar image Christiaan Meihsl veerapath.rungruengrayubkul

Well spotted :-)

Hello @isabella.sharpley

This endpoint works for me.

Do you experience this error only with the above endpoint or

Authentication/RequestToken also fail the same way?

Was the issue intermittent or it continues to manifest?

Upvotes
Accepted
21 1 1 2

Thanks Christiaan, the endpoint was correct. The error was I was using a GET request instead of a POST

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@isabella.sharpley, I'm glad the issue is solved, and thanks for letting us know

Upvote
13.7k 26 8 12

@isabella.sharpley,

that endpoint is correct, and has not changed. I tried an EoD extraction request right now and actually copied the URL from your query above, it worked fine, so there is no typo.

I tried to introduce a typo (adding an s at the end), the error message I get is slightly different from yours:

{"error":{"code":"a52b5399-76c3-4c64-b310-b943bfdac204","message":"Resource not found for the segment 'ExtractWithNotess'."}}

A few queries and tests might help us investigate:

• Can you please try again ?
  • Did this endpoint work for you before ?
  • Can you retrieve data using the C# example App (described in the DSS Quick Start) ?
  • How are you calling this endpoint ? From Postman, a program ? If from a program, could you share the code ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.