Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 3

EU Shares through Electron SDK have zero bid or zero ask

Hi,

I use Electron SDK 1.2.0 (C++)

I subscribe on each symbol and wait for 'thomsonreuters::ema::access::Payload' object

I get bid price from field #22 and ask price from field #25

Usually both these fields contain non-zero prices. But for EU shares field #22 or field #25 is zero

EU shares are, for example, #SRG and #EOAN symbols

Is it expected? May be I can subscribe on the same symbols with different names and avoid such issue?

Thank you

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @regardsim

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hi @regardsim,

I think you are looking for "EUR="

If this is not it, subscribe "CURRENCY" reference ric to explore the currency symbols available, and to find exactly what you are looking for.

If you don't find what you are looking for, the best and the most efficient way to get content and symbology questions answered, is to submit the question for Refinitiv support on

my.refinitiv.com -> support -> content

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply

You mean "EUR=" as a prefix for symbol names? Like as "EUR=#SRG" ? Or "EUR=" is a separate symbol name which I have to subscribe to?

Hello @regardsim

Separate symbol name that you can subscribe to, if permissioned.

Upvotes
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @regardsim I tried getting data for RIC: SRG and was able to see the BID and ASK price. You mention EU stocks, are you trying to get market data in late hours after local market has closed? I ask this, because most venues clear out the book at the end of the day after the closing run.

Can you please try to download the speed guide tool and type in your RIC and see if the BID/ASK is still zero?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.