question

Upvotes
Accepted
87 7 13 27

RequestTimeout of Consumer_2

hello:

The EmaConfig.xml I use is shown as follows.

Now I user Consumer_2, my questions are:

1、what is the default value of RequestTimeout, if there is no "RequestTimeout" segment under Consumer_2;

2、If I want to set "RequestTimeout" for Consumer_2, I only need add line26 under line 38?

3、as we know, the default value of RequestTimeout for Consumer_1 is 15s, I want to know why the RequestTimeout is so lang? the date trans on the net is fast.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
ccccc.png (34.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@luxiangyuan
Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

Please see answers below.

1. The default value of RequestTimeout is 15000 milliseconds (15 seconds). Therefore, if it doesn't present in the configuration, the default value (15 seconds) will be used

2. Yes, to set "RequestTimeout" for Consumer_2, you need to add RequestTimeout inside the Consumer_2. Adding the RequestTimeout configuration under line 38 is okay

3. There are a lot of factors (number of items, network bandwidth, machine performance, and application logic) regarding the value of RequestTimeout. For a few items, 15 seconds may be too long. However, for thousands of items, the value may need to be increased

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.