Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Eikon Python API - get live Blended Order Book Data

Hi all,

As per the title, I am trying to pull the Blended Order Book data for a given commodity straight into python. I can see the data in Eikon so hopefully this should be doable

Any ideas where to start please?

Thanks

S

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiorder-book
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @kzr,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise, please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @kzr,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Streaming market data is not yet available through Eikon Data APIs. At the moment you can only retrieve market data as a snapshot using Eikon Data APIs. Here's an example retrieving a snapshot of top 10 bid and ask quotes for CLM9:

fields = []
for i in range(1, 10):
    fields.append('BEST_BSIZ' + str(i))
    fields.append('BEST_BID' + str(i))
    fields.append('BEST_ASK' + str(i))
    fields.append('BEST_ASIZ' + str(i))
fields = fields + ['BEST_BSZ10', 'BEST_BID10', 'BEST_ASK10', 'BEST_ASZ10']
ek.get_data('CLM9m',fields)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Thanks! this worked on my side for CLM9m, but for some reason throws NaN for others (ICE). Is it possible the field names are different depending on the venue?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

Both the RIC construction logic and the field names may vary by venue, and I think there's more variation in the RIC construction logic than in the field names. E.g. for LCO (ICE Brent) the field names are the same as for CL (NYMEX WTI), but the RIC containing the order book for say LCON9 is DLCON9.
If you call up the chain quote for individual future contract (e.g. 0#CLM9 or 0#LCON9) in a Quote app in Eikon and hover the mouse pointer over a field you're interested in, the tooltip will tell you both the RIC and the field name containing this piece of data.

tooltip.png (30.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.