question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 3

Unable to pull multiple economic time series with pydatastream

I am using the pydatastream module in Python to extract multiple time series from DataStream. This works fine for stock prices. For example:

from pydatastream import Datastream 
DWE = Datastream(username="DS:XXXX", password="XXXX") 
data = DWE.fetch(["R:NEDJ","R:SBKJ"], date_from='2018/01/01')

However, I am unable to extract multiple economic series. For example, the following code, which attempts to extract government bond yields for Australia and Austria, throws as error:

data = DWE.fetch(["AUQIR080R","OEQIR080R"], date_from='2018/01/01')

DatastreamException: Failure (error 2): $$"ER", E100, INVALID CODE OR EXPRESSION ENTERED, OEQIR080R(P) --> "AUQIR080R,OEQIR080R~2018-01-01~D"

I can, however, pull each series separately.

This is also true for other economic series that I have tried, such as interbank lending rates and money supply.

Why is this and is there any other way to extract multiple economic series?

pythondatastream-apidsws-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Escalated to DSWS Escalation Support group.

@miguel.l

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@miguel.l

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
681 2 2 1

Hi, I can see that you are using DWE. This is being discontinued next week. You need to migrate to DSWS. Please speak with your account manager for further details.

Best regards

James

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.