For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 2

Worldcheck One API > Watchlist feature causing errors

Hello,

I'm contacting you because our compliance team would like to start using your Watchlist feature, with their own CSV files.
When we tried enabling the Watchlist, it unfortunately caused all our requests to start failing with the following error message:

"MISSING_MANDATORY_PROVIDER_TYPE: The group's mandatory provider type is missing, which must be included"

The issue for us is that we cannot find the information of what is wrong with our payload, and thus what is causing this error message.

For you information, in our payload we send you `["WATCHLIST"]` as value of the attribute "ProviderTypes", as shown in your documentation.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/customer-and-third-party-screening/world-check-one-api/quick-start

Could you explain us what may be happening here and what we can do to properly enable the Watchlist feature without causing errors?

Thank you for your help and have a good day!

world-checkworld-check-one
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@gabriel

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.2k 8 5 6

@gabriel

I assume that you have successfully upload the Watchlist to your account by uploading the CSV file in your WC account.

Now, you are trying to screen a name so that the system looks for matches in both WC DB and the watchlist that you upload using the csv.

To avoid the error, please use the provider type as "CLIENT_WATCHLIST" along with the "WATCHLIST" provider type as shown below:

"providerTypes":[
"WATCHLIST", "CLIENT_WATCHLIST"
],

Kindly let me know if this answers your question.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi @Irfan.Khan,

I'm having the same issue here. If I use 'WATCHLIST' only, then I can get the response from API. However when I change it to 'CLIENT_WATCHLIST', then it returns an error message, please see image below.

If client choose to screen with 'CLIENT_WATCHLIST', do I have to include 'WATCHLIST' and 'CLIENT_WATCHLIST' for it to work?

Thanks for your help.

Anson

1573698254319.png (23.0 KiB)
1573698130088.png (25.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
4.2k 8 5 6

@anson.ye

Kindly note WATCHLIST is the mandatory parameter to be included in your providerTypes attribute.

If you do not include it, you will get an error. To know the mandatory providerTypes of your account. Please use the API call "SEQ-pre-group-case-template: Get the case template for a group" and get back the JSON response in the Postman. Once you can see the JSON, scroll down to the last line and you should the list of mandatory providerTypes for your account.

Check line 222, 223 of the below screenshot.

So you first approach to use "WATCHLIST" was correct, if you are trying to search only in WC DB. If you want search for matches in both WC DB and your own uploaded watchlist, then use the below JSON:

"providerTypes": [
    "WATCHLIST","CLIENT_WATCHLIST"
  ],

Why are you using "CLIENT_WATCHLIST"?

1573714869046.png (14.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.