Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
65 3 2 8

Errors for SDK - dependancies not found - Win Server 2012R2

Dear Team,

I have a DLL coded with Eikon SDK 64 bit. This works fine on a Win7 Professional.

When I want to run that on a Windows Server 2012R2 Datacenter edition, I get error messages like this:

ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TinyIoCResolutionException
  HResult=0x80131500
  Message=Unable to resolve type: ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.IInternalDataServices
  Source=ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess
  StackTrace:
   at ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TinyIoCContainer.DelegateFactory.GetObject(Type requestedType, TinyIoCContainer container, NamedParameterOverloads parameters, ResolveOptions options)
   at ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TinyIoCContainer.ResolveInternal(TypeRegistration registration, NamedParameterOverloads parameters, ResolveOptions options)
   at ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.TinyIoCContainer.Resolve[ResolveType](String name)
   at ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.DataServices.get_Instance()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

Inner Exception 1:
TinyIoCResolutionException: Unable to resolve type: ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.IInternalDataServices

Inner Exception 2:
TinyIoCResolutionException: Unable to resolve type: ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.UdapService

Inner Exception 3:
TinyIoCResolutionException: Unable to resolve type: ThomsonReuters.Desktop.SDK.DataAccess.Connection

Inner Exception 4:
TinyIoCResolutionException: Unable to resolve type: ThomsonReuters.Udap.Ipc.Managed.Common.BusAdapter.IEikonBus

Inner Exception 5:
FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ThomsonReuters.Udap.BusTools.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

In the build settings of the VS I tried compiling with 'Copy Local' set to true and false, still same error messages.

Is there a way, that you could specify me which dependencies the component needs? Or what else might be wrong?

Any ideas for me to debug this further?

Thanks

Michael

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apic#error-messagedependency
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

First I need to say that Eikon (and by extension all Eikon APIs that have runtime dependency on Eikon) have never been qualified and are not supported on any version of Windows Server. Eikon is an end user product. According to the standard terms of Refinitiv contract any data retrieved from Eikon is for individual user's use only. Data retrieved from Eikon cannot be distributed to other users or utilized in any kind of enterprise or server side application. If you intend to use Refinitiv data in enterprise applications consider one of Refinitiv enterprise products that come with the license to utilize the data in the manner you require.
If you're sure that your use of Eikon APIs is compliant, then check out this answer, which contains complete list of Eikon .NET API runtime files and their dependencies.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.