question

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

eikon5 internal web browser

Hello! Please help me. I need to open a web link in the eikon5 internal web browser, for example http://localhost:8080/kortes/, but when copying to the “search” line, a new eikon5 web browser window does not open. In Eikon 4, this works. This way I test the site (CIS COMMODITIES FUNDAMENTALS) locally. How to open the developer console in eikon5, Ctrl + Shift + J does not work?

eikoneikon-app-studio
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

It seems Eikon 5 does not allow navigation to localhost. But it allows navigation to the loopback IP address. I have no problem bringing up http://127.0.0.1:9000/ping which is the ping URL for Eikon API Proxy.
What would be interesting to check is how JET trust level is handled in Eikon 5. In Eikon 4 you used to get "Thomson Reuters" (or full) trust level for apps running on localhost, but only if you used "localhost" alias. If I recall correctly using loopback IP address resulted in JET trust level being set to 'Untrusted", which disabled most of JET capabilities.
To bring up Chromium Dev Tools in Eikon 5 you can use Ctrl+Shft+I.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Thanks for the answer. I tried with ip.

EikonNow-1.3.3.js:54 EikonNow core was not found JET.min.js:2 Could not register JET. Error: "could not find registerWithJET function,"

How to solve this problem for ip 127.0.0.1:8080? Testing (web interface, requests from / to the server, adding graphic elements) with a deployment to the alpha version is very inconvenient, since each change will take 3-5 minutes.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

As far as I understand, there are no solutions to launch the local version of the application on Eikon5?

I tried using the address 127.0.0.1, but in this case the application starts without "EikonNow".

I tried to start Eikon5 with the key "--allow-insecure-localhost", but that did not help.

I tried using "Fiddler" with the key "--clearElectronCache", which also did not help me. Fiddler simply does not see requests that return a response containing an "iframe". Path substitution does not work, because the number of scripts in the local version differs from the working version of the application.

I really ask the community to help me launch the application at "https: // localhost: 8080 /". In Eikon4 there were no such problems, everything worked and everything could be tested.

P.S. How to start Eikon5 with launch.json configuration file?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.