Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
244 15 13 17

Eikon Data API timing out on every request this morning

Starting around 3 AM today the Eikon Data PI stopped returning us any data, giving the below timeouts instead. My Data Item Browser (e.g. MSFT.O DIB) this morning is also not retrieving any data. Eikon Data API is giving back timeouts for every request, even a simple one like:

In [9]: ek.get_data('MSFT.O', 'TR.Ric')
2019-09-06 09:38:07 pyeikon ERROR> Request timeout occured

EikonError: Error code 408 | Request timeout occured

Is there any known issue with the backend to the Data Item Browser and Eikon Data API that would have started around 3 AM? We have not seen any Eikon status alert emails to this effect. The above behavior has persisted despite rebooting the system on which Eikon was running.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidata-item-browser
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @davidk,

Please confirm if you continue seeing the issue you describe?

This forum is best suited for technical API questions. If you suspect you observe an outage, the prefered course of action is to open a support case via logging into my.refinitiv.com

This way, your specific connecticvity point, entitlements, etc, can be verified by our relevant experts, and you could have a definitive asnwer why you are not able to connect, or if there is a known condition, you will also be notified of it.

Understood, just often hard to know where in the stack the issue lies and thus whom to contact:-). We are still seeing the issue and have a support case open. Thus far it appears this is a data API outage at AMERS1. Support can recreate connected to AMERS1 but not when connected to Europe.

Hello @davidk

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

@davidk

Thanks for letting us know.

Glad it appears to have been resolved and you are able to get the data now

This may be realted to maintenance, please see this thread

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 2 1 1

I am with the same problem and I got no answer!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
244 15 13 17

@zoya.farberov @fcucullu As of 11:54 AM ET this problem appears to have been rectified. I have not received any confirmation from support but the timeout behavior has stopped.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.