Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 2 1

I'd like to extract only "UPDATE" News headlines in English, which query to throw?

I am trying to extract only "UPDATE" News in English such as ::

- UPDATE 1-Chilean lawmakers censure ex-interior minister over rights abuses - Reuters News

- UPDATE 3-U.S. House approves Space Force, family leave in $738 bln defense bill - Reuters News

Now I am searching them with a keyword "UPDATE" but I'm getting bunch of unintentional resources like::

- Australia Stock Exchange release from OPENLEARNING OLL.AX: OpenLearning Commences Trading & Business Update

I'd like to know the way to have a pure news feed of UPDATE news.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapinewsquery-string
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@yuri_k

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.1k 250 52 74

@yuri_k

One method is filtering headlines at the application level. For example, the code calls the get_news_headlines method with "len and update" string to get English headlines with "update" text. Then, filter only the headlines that start with "UPDATE" text.

headlines = ek.get_news_headlines("len and update", count=100, raw_output=False)
headlines[headlines.text.str.match('^UPDATE')  == True]

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.