For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

How can i update the group id of a case using API?

I tried to use the Update API provided but it cannot update the group id of the case. Is there a specific API that can be used for this? Also is there a way to update list of cases using case system id?

world-checkworld-check-one
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@natsudragneel080

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@natsudragneel080

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
245 1 0 2

Thank you. At the moment the system won't allow you to change the groupId of the case. This issue has been raised with developers but we still do not know when it will be implemented.

For your second question about updating multiple cases, you can use the UI option in the BULK ACTIONS section. It allows you to update archive, assigned, delete or enable ongoing screening for multiple cases.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
245 1 0 2

Hello @natsudragneel080

I`m not sure if I understand your query correctly. Could you please explain an use case when you would need to change the groupId ? What would be the purpose of such change?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi,

We have an automated case creation that was integrated to our system. During the checking of users, there are some cases that were supposed to be in a specific grouping but were created in a different one. These grouping are imoortant to them as they are creating reports for this. Just asking if it is possible to update those grouping in portal or through API for each of those cases? if yes then how can we do that?

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi, has this changed since 2019? Does the API allow you to change the group Id on a case now, or is that still not the case?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1.1k 2 2 3

@YANN_SAUVEUR thanks for reaching out! The API does in fact allow you to change the group ID on a case already, and you can do so by going into the WebUI:

1. Click on the BULK ACTIONS tab
  2. Under Action, click on "Move cases between groups" from the dropdown
  3. Pick your Destination Group
  4. Upload file (you can download a template and input the appropriate information)
  5. Click on Run Bulk Action

Soon thereafter you should get an email stating whether the switch was completed or not, along with other details (start date, closed date, etc.).

Please see the attached image for your reference: 1644868708276.png

Please reach out if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Judith

1644868708276.png (56.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Thanks - is there a way to achieve the above programmatically, rather than the GUI? Earlier today I tried via the call PUT /cases/{caseSystemId}. Although it does let me change some fields on a case (changing name & secondary fields like registered country works fine), it doesn't seem to allow me to change group Id. Just wondering if that's possible at all, and if I'm using the correct API call?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1.1k 2 2 3

@YANN_SAUVEUR great question! At the moment, you are only allowed to change the groupID through the WebUI. If you have further questions, please feel free to reach out!

Best,

Judith

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.