question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 2

How to obtain Option Chain using ticker symbol in EMA Java API?

Hello, We are using EMA java API to get market price for equities and Option Chains for equity put/call options. Can someone please help me how to generate options symbols for a given ticker and how to request for Options Chain using EMA java API? Thanks in advance for any help in this regard.

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apichain-ric
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

To be clear on my request, we are using EMA Java API to connect to TREP server.

Hello @Sreedhar.Kankanala,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Hello @Sreedhar.Kankanala,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please click the 'Accept' link next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @Sreedhar.Kankanala

Please be informed that you can find the EMA API with Chain data resources in the following articles:

1. Simple Chain objects for EMA - Part 1
  2. Simple Chain objects for EMA - Part 2

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
79.2k 251 52 74

@Sreedhar.Kankanala

In order to retrieve data from EMA Java API, you need to know RICs. Therefore, to obtain option chain RICs, you need to contact the content support team via my.refinitiv.com for RICs or rules used to construct option chains.

After getting RICs, you can use them with EMA Java API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 2 2

Thanks @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai and @Wasin Waeosri for your reply. In case of chains do we need to first get the chain constituents and then call TREP interface again to get the market price for each constituent again?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @Sreedhar.Kankanala

After you make the first subscription to retrieve chain constituents.

Then I suggest you read this article to make a Batch/View subscription with the list of RIC you have.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 2 2

Thanks @chvalit.jintamalit!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.