Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 0 2

Get the issuer(or parent)'s RIC from the Bond

Good day experts,

I'm having a bunch of bonds that need to dig out the issuer's RICs (or the parent and nearest ancestor of the issuer that has the RIC), e.g.,

XS1732152589
XS1861178322
XS2051121387
XS2099768207

I tried to use the ticker field, but looks like the tickers are not the NYSE standard, no I'm stuck there. Some of the fields of the bond are prefixed with 0x (maybe asset_id), but I don't know how to map it to the RIC or permid or any other well know public identifiers.

Best Regards,

Frederic

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiricsbondsfields
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Frederic.Li

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
3.8k 4 4 6

Hi @Frederic.Li

You can with retrieving the Ultimate Parent ID and from there equity RIC. Please check if it meets your requirements.

IDs, err = ek.get_data(['XS1732152589','XS1861178322','XS2051121387','XS2099768207'],'TR.UltimateParentId')
df,err = ek.get_data(IDs['Ultimate Parent Id'].astype('str').to
df

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you @marcin.bunkowski

That's works!

But why I cannot see the 'TR.UltimateParentId' field either in the Eikon Data Item Browser or the Eikon Excel's build formula tool? Is there any other places to get the dictionary of the full field list?

Hi @Frederic.Li

I'm glad that it was helpful. I'm also able to find this field in DIB

ahs.jpg (114.7 KiB)
Upvotes
1 0 0 0
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
20 0 1 6

Hello @marcin.bunkowski

How come I am getting an error? Please advise. Thank you.untitled.png

untitled.png (13.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

@dianne.palmario

The second line of code is missing some part:

df,err = ek.get_data(IDs['Ultimate Parent Id'].astype('str').tolist(),"TR.RIC")

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.