question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 4

How to get dividend with rdp

We try to move our dividend extraction code from eikon API to rdp platform .

With eikon API we had this code :

df,err = ek.get_data("VOD.L", ["TR.ISINCode","TR.DivExDate", "TR.DivRecordDate", "TR.DivPayDate", "TR.DivUnadjustedGross", "TR.DivCurr"], params)

We tried this code but it doesn't work :

df = rdp.get_reference_data(universe='VOD.L', fields= ["TR.ISINCode","TR.DivExDate", "TR.DivRecordDate", "TR.DivPayDate", "TR.DivUnadjustedGross", "TR.DivCurr"],parameters= params)

Could you give us the function to use in rdp.

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformdatarefinitiv-data-platform-libraries
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @kamal.chancari,

To my best knowledge, at present, this will not work. As the only available fields are realtime Elektron fields, some or most of the reference data available via Eikon interface will not be represented in those fields.

One of the ways you can examine available Elektron fields is via Data Model Discovery Tool online.

However, RDP is a rapidly evolving and improving platform. I would like to suggest checking back when you have a chance, and chances are you will find its' released capabilities to be much increased, including the reference data capability.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @kamal.chancari,

In my understanding, this is not supposed to work, because these are real time Elektron reference fields, not Eikon reference fields.

How does not it work for you? It does not work, as in "you get an error on calling", or "you get NaNs in results"?

If NaNs, try running this:

rdp.get_reference_data(['IBM.N'],['PROD_PERM','RECORDTYPE','ASK','BID'])

Result would be:

res.gif (3.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 2 4

in my first code, I use eikon field with eikon API:

df,err = ek.get_data("VOD.L", ["TR.ISINCode","TR.DivExDate", "TR.DivRecordDate", "TR.DivPayDate", "TR.DivUnadjustedGross", "TR.DivCurr"], params)

How can I get the equivalent fields name for rdp platform (I look for dividend data)?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.