question

Upvotes
Accepted
98 27 33 35

Eikon Desktop and Proxy API running simultaneously with SxS

Is it possible to run simultaneously Eikon Desktop + Eikon Proxy API in any of these 2 scenarios?

1) With a common sub.

2) With 1 unique sub to both of the applications.

Can this be achieved with Side-by-Side API integration? What possibilities are available in order to achieve this?

eikonapiside-by-side-apiproxy
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

You can use Eikon data retrieval APIs and Side-by-Side API in any combination: you can simultaneously run multiple applications, and each of those applications can use Eikon data retrieval APIs or Side-by-Side API, or both.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Okok, so the answer to usage of Eikon Proxy + Eikon Desktop simultaneously with SxS is affirmative, thank you Alex.

Do you have any materials (video or document tutorials) that I can adapt to achieve this purpose? I'm a bit lost and I would like to learn how to achieve this part.

Thanks for any further suggestions you might have.

I'm not sure I understand the challenge. You can use SxS API in your application as described in the documentation for SxS API and you can use Eikon data retrieval APIs as described in the documentation for those APIs. Think of SxS API and data retrieval APIs as completely separate. The only thing that unites SxS API and Eikon data retrieval APIs is that they all have runtime dependency on Eikon, i.e. they all require that Eikon application is running on the same machine.

Thanks for your input Alex!

Ok, so when you say:
"they all require that Eikon application is running on the same machine."

You just mean Eikon Desktop must be up and running first (like the tutorial of SxS states)..And after that we attempt to do the other connections, right?

Would you recommend then, that we attempt to run Eikon Proxy API only after we successfully establish a connection between Postman-SxS and Eikon desktop?

Do you have any examples around we could use that might come close to what we are trying to achieve? The official tutorials are not very helpful for our case (no mean to disrespect).

Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.