question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 9 5 15

Login problem to Client TREP-RT

Greetings

Currently, a client in China met a problem when trying the example of "Tutorial 4 - Using the Login RDM". As followed is the snapshot:

Also, I checked the result, the connection was established, but the respond message said the login was denied:

The message said a required argument was NULL, but I checked the code, user, app and position are all provided in request message.

Also, I tried the same code in Internal TREP-RT environment. No such a warning.

So I guess there would be some setting in TREP-RT side and calling for more data in Request message.

Tomorrow I will try to debug in client machine and fill in more data in request message to see which argument is mandatory and missing. But beforehand, could any expert check this error, and shed a light on what was possibly missing???

Thank you very much in advance!

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Leon.Hong ,

Try removing the :14002 from the position.

The position is meant to be the IP Address (or hostname) of the Client PC where the Tutorial is being executed and therefore should not include a port number.

It sounds like the developer may be confusing position with the RSSL connectivity hostname parameter which can take the form of "IPaddress:portnum" .

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you very much Umer! It is the root cause!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.