Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 2 1

Historical Equities by Exchange via Datastream or Eikon

Is there a method to find the equities listed on a particular exchange both active and delisted. The Eikon screener is not accurately fielding this as it's saying there are only 821 inactive equities listed on exchanges in the United States and only 718 with Delisted Quote Flag set to True. This obviously is not correct and i know the data exist in datastream, but as it's a REST api, the only way to retrieve the data is to directly call it by RIC or from a list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is quite important.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidatadatastream-apihistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @martin.hall_

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @martin.hall_

I cannot confirm if the 821 (or today I got 841) from the "Inactive" from the SCREENER app is a correct number or not.

I suggest that you contact Refinitiv Content Helpdesk to confirm the filter used on the SCREENER app and confirm if it is correct or not.

Assuming that once you have the appropriate filter setup in the SCREENER app, you can refer to this article to replicate the same to Eikon Data API(Python)

ahs1.png (285.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 2 2 1

@chavalit.jintamalit the second one is what i was filtering by, i must have made a typo there. I meant that the number seems low as i know there are hundreds of delisted companies in just the last decade. I'll go ask the help desk about this as that number should be much larger.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.