question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 1 2

EMA API v3.5.0.L1 - VIEW not working

Even if we pass the view to the consumer, it returns all the fields. Our code is:

ElementList view = EmaFactory.createElementList();
OmmArray array = EmaFactory.createOmmArray();
array.fixedWidth(2);
array.add(EmaFactory.createOmmArrayEntry().intValue(22)); // BID
array.add(EmaFactory.createOmmArrayEntry().intValue(25)); // ASK
array.add(EmaFactory.createOmmArrayEntry().intValue(68)); // MATUR_DATE
view.add(EmaFactory.createElementEntry().uintValue(EmaRdm.ENAME_VIEW_TYPE, 1));
view.add(EmaFactory.createElementEntry().array(EmaRdm.ENAME_VIEW_DATA, array));
String instrumentCode = "EUR1M="
consumer.registerClient(reqMsg.serviceName("--").name(instrumentCode).payload(view).interestAfterRefresh(false), appClient);
elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @anshul.gupta2,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @anshul.gupta2

If you have tested using the example360__MarketPrice__View and it does not work, then the most likely explanation is that the server you are connecting does not have the licence for "Snapshot and Dynamic View Capability".

You can confirm this by interestAfterRefresh(true) and see if it works.

If the above works and false value does not work, then please speak to your Market Data team - to see if they have a different server with the Snapshot and Dynamic View Capability licence.

If they are not sure, please post back here and I can try and get your Refinitiv account team to reach out to them.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Checked with interestAfterRefresh(true) and it still returns all the fields.

Hi @anshul.gupta2

Please check with your local Market Data teams - sometimes they do disable views - because of the extra processing burden it places on the ADS server (as a result of it having to filter fields for consumers).

If the Market Data team advises that Views are enabled, then please enable low level trace and provide the output as an attachment to this thread

How to enable Trace

Thanks, the market data team have confirmed Snapshot and View Capability is not enabled which is why its not working.

Upvote
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @anshul.gupta2

I have tested the given code and it works fine in my environment, the application receive the requested fields from my local TREP.

Based on the low level trace message, the Provider will returns its connection properties with the Login request message, my local TREP returns the following attributes which mean the server is Views enabled.

<elementEntry name="SupportViewRequests" dataType="UINT" data="1"/>

What is the Provider application that your consumer application connecting to?

Please enable the low level trace and give us the whole trace messages when the problem occurs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.