question

Upvote
Accepted
16 2 2 3

Using the RFAJ 8.0 API - is there anything specific that needs to be done to kill a connection to RSSLConnection outside of the Application Cleanup steps such as unregisterClient, destroyConsumer/Queue, cleanup?

I have a memory leak in my application due to the RSSLConnection connection retaining references to by objects even after I have destroyed the eventqueue and the consumer and released the session via the API. Due to the connection retaining references to my Client class (which implements com.reuters.rfa.common.Client). How can I kill the connection so the referenced objects can be cleaned up?

treprfarfa-apirsslconsumermemory
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@owen.hynes

Hi. Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Else please post again offering further insight into your question

Thanks

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
281 1 3 7

RFA Java 8.0.1.E1 (latest) fixes objects-retention issue found when using batch snapshot requests.

---------------------------------------
rfaj8.0.1.E1.all
RFA-304; RFA Java holds references to objects in consumer batch application space.
This has been fixed.
(CaseId: 04554581)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1.2k 23 31 44

RFA/Java 8.0.0.L2 (latest 8.0.1) fixes a memory leak bug whereby connections will retain references to closures when returned to the pool.

rfaj8.0.0.L2.all
rfaj3799; RFA Java holds on to references to Closure objects and thus
prevents them from being garbage collected.
This has been fixed.
(CaseId: 03836653) (RFAJAVA-435)

Also a common missed step is that after deactivating an event queue one must drain the queue of events, this is not required in RFA/C++. Example:

private void drainqueue() {
	LOG.trace ("Draining event queue.");
	int count = 0;
	try {
		while (this.event_queue.dispatch (Dispatchable.NO_WAIT) > 0) { ++count; }
		LOG.trace ("Queue contained {} events.", count);
	} catch (DeactivatedException e) {
/* ignore on empty queue */
		if (count > 0) LOG.catching (e);
	} catch (Exception e) {
		LOG.catching (e);
	}
}
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.