question

Upvotes
Accepted
27 8 13 13

Error initializing channel 1 (example code)

Hi

I am following the example from the below link

https://developers.refinitiv.com/article/expanding-ema-java-consumer-example-provide-web-services-rest

and is receiving this error. I don't know, why there is connection refusal, though I am using 14002 port.

I am using canned data RDMFieldDictionary and EMAConfig.xml and under Consumer1, changed the Dictionary1 to Dictionary2 (as told in the example link mentioned above) and Dictionary2 refers to the files (files in bold)

Please help me in resolving the error. Thanks

Jul 09, 2020 6:46:41 PM com.thomsonreuters.ema.access.ChannelCallbackClient reactorChannelEventCallback

SEVERE: loggerMsg

ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient

Severity: Error

Text: Received ChannelDown event on channel Channel_1

Instance Name Consumer_1_1

RsslReactor @660acfb

RsslChannel @238d68ff

Error Id 0

Internal sysError 0

Error Location Reactor.processWorkerEvent

Error text Error initializing channel: errorId=-1 text=Connection refused: no further information

loggerMsgEnd

login failed (timed out after waiting 45000 milliseconds) for localhost:14002)

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apierror
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@dhruv.arora

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@dhruv.arora

The error indicates that the consumer application was unable to connect to localhost:14002.

How did you run the canned data?

To replay the canned data, please refer to the Quick Start Guide to Recording and Playback of Elektron Data article.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@dhruv.arora

Are you running sink_driven_src with the canned data on the same machine you are running the EMA example?
Can you test one of the EMA consumer examples with the sink_driven_src and get the same result?

icon clock
10 |1500

@moragodkrit

The client has provided further information. Could you please check?

Upvotes
27 8 13 13

Hi @moragodkrit I am running example102__MarketPrice__Snapshot. Yes, I am using the canned data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
27 8 13 13

I forgot to mention, I am running the example on the same machine, where I have canned data and as mentioned on the article (link given in my question), I setup the Tomcat server.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.