Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
55 3 4 6

Bug in Excel RHistory interface

I run two time series requests, that should return identical data, but unfortunately they don't and it looks like there is some bug how the data is aggregated during the request.

This is code snippet 1 for replication:

=RHistory("AAPL.O","TRDPRC_1.Timestamp;"&"TRDPRC_1.Open;"&"TRDPRC_1.High;"&"TRDPRC_1.Low;"&"TRDPRC_1.Close;"&"TRDPRC_1.Volume","START:04-Nov-2019:10:00 END:04-Nov-2019:16:30 TIMEZONE:NYC TRADETIME:NO INTERVAL:30M",,"TSREPEAT:NO CH:Fd")

… and code snippet 2:

=RHistory("AAPL.O","TRDPRC_1.Timestamp;"&"TRDPRC_1.Open;"&"TRDPRC_1.High;"&"TRDPRC_1.Low;"&"TRDPRC_1.Close;"&"TRDPRC_1.Volume","START:04-Nov-2019:10:00 END:04-Nov-2019:16:30 TIMEZONE:NYC TRADETIME:YES INTERVAL:30M",,"TSREPEAT:NO CH:Fd")

The only difference between the two snippets is the parameter TRADETIME:YES and NO. This particular example only looks at a single trading day within trading hours (I am aware of the general purpose of the TRADETIME parameter, even if that example makes no use of it, really).

If I compare results, prices are marginally different but volumes are significantly different (see image)!

Why is that?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apieikon-com-apierror
bug.png (47.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
55 3 4 6

The response I received from the Helpdesk:

"TRADETIME:N includes Odd Lot trades, and thus will reflect more trades. Odd Lot trades are NOT included in Trade Time Y, as Odd Lots do not update high, low, last or close. Only Volume for the day."

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @sdittmar

RHistory is part of Eikon Excel product.

You can report this issue to Refinitiv Helpdesk.

The Refinitiv Helpdesk can be reached using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.
Or by calling the Helpdesk number in your country.
Or at https://my.refinitiv.com/

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.