Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
77 5 12 17

ROCE calculation for last 4 quarters

Return on invested capital is defined as ebit/(total current assets - total liabilities).

TR.ROCEActValue(Period=FY0) yields for apple

However the end date of this period is now almost one year ago. Apple's 3rd quarter results were presented on July 30th 2020. Meaning that this number is out of sync for 3 quarters now. If I change the period to other Periods like e.g. (LTM, FI0, FQ0) I get NA for all fields (Date, Period End Date, Return on Capital Employed). I would like to calculate the ROCE over the last four quarters. This should in my eyes be equal to the sum(EBIT(q-4);EBIT(q-3);EBIT(q-2);EBIT(q-1))/(total Assets(q-1) - Current Liabilities(q-1)).

With q-0 being defined as the current (not yet reported) quarter

Is there a way to achieve this using TR.ROCEActValue?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apifundamentals
1596531417943.png (37.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @laurens

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@laurens

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @laurens,

In my best understanding of the question, it is not on Eikon Data APIs usage, you are looking to investigate a suspected discrepancy in content that is available from Eikon?

If this is the case, for a customer, the best approach to get this type of question answered by a Refinitiv content expert is to contact Refinitiv Content Helpdesk Online and raise a content query or to dial your local Refinitiv Helpdesk number.

The majority of the members of this forum are developers, the moderators are API experts, so do not posses the deep expertise in various areas of content that is made available by Refinitiv.

Hope this helps and please let us know if you are unable to proceed.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.