question

Upvotes
Accepted
42 1 2 2

What is the equivalent of get_data for RDP?

I am running some queries on vessel data in Refinitiv Workspace with codebook and I want to get the vessel data from the IMO numbers. However, I don't know what syntax to use from rdp. In Eikon, I would use get_data. If anyone know the equivalent in the rdp library would be appreciated.

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@milan_hedstrom you can use the get_data function as it has been incorporated into the latest RDP libraries. This gets the same data from ADC - there is a plan to recreate this whole experience on RDP natively but it is not there yet and thus a desktop license is still required to use these fields with all of the licensing limitations. Please see the examples in CodeBook App in the Eikon examples. If you need an RDP only solution you can look at using search API on RDP. Again there are RDP examples in CodeBook app.

import refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon as ek
ek.set_app_key('DEFAULT_CODE_BOOK_APP_KEY')
df, err = ek.get_data(['PEUP.PA','EUR=', 'JPY='], [ 'BID','ASK'])
df

I hope this can help.

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@milan_hedstrom please try the code below - you need to add the fields you want to the API call.

df, e = ek.get_data('9431214', ['TR.AssetLocationLatitude.date','TR.AssetLocationLatitude', 'TR.AssetLocationLongitude'], {'SDate':'0D', 'EDate':'-1AW'})
df

1599476529678.png (137.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @milan_hedstrom

You can use the subpackage "eikon".

Please upgrade the RDP library

pip install refinitiv.dataplatform --upgrade

Then you can follow this code:

import refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon as ek
ek.set_app_key('xxxxxxxxxx')
df,e = ek.get_data(['RICs'],['FIELDs'])

icon clock
10 |1500

I run into an error when I want to get_data for the IMO numbers. I should get the latitude and longitude numbers as a df.

1599472792762.png (119.6 KiB)
1599472833913.png (49.2 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.