question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 5 7 10

discrepancy between RDP API vs Excel RSearch for corporate bonds

Hi,

I am doing a RSearch in Excel for Commerzbank Bonds using

IssuerOrgid = '10436'

in the filter. This returns 7 bonds ( I have some additional filters. Not important here) and I see '"Organization PermID" = '8589934314 in the data retrieved.

I am trying the same search using what is shown below (Python in IntelliJ) but get nothing returned (status of both searches is "OK").

Am I missing something?

Also, in some other similar searches for Corp Bonds I get a empty MaturityDate field. What is the condition to include in the filter to exclude the rows with no values in that field? (would be nice to know all available functions such as "endswith" etc to use in the Filter. Is there a listing somewhere?)

Many thanks in advance

import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp
rdp_session = rdp.open_desktop_session("-------------")
sOrgPermID = '8589934314'
srchfields = "RIC,ISIN, FullName, CommonName,CompanyName, IssuerLegalName,IssuerOAPermID, IssuerCommonName,IssuerShortName, IssuerOrganization, IssuerOrgid, ParentOAPermID,ParentIssuerName, ParentIssuerID, Currency, MaturityDate "

filterStrLoop1 = " ((DerivedCategory eq 'BOND') or (DerivedCategory eq 'Note')) and ParentOAPermID  eq '{0}'  and IsActive eq true " \
                "   and  AssetStatus ne 'MAT' and RIC ne null and ISIN ne null ".format(sOrgPermID)

respOrgPermId = rdp.Search.search(view=rdp.SearchViews.GovCorpInstruments, filter=filterStrLoop1, top=GroupSize, select=srchfields)
respOrgPermId.status
respOrgPermId.data.raw.shape

# This one returns values for RSearch in Excel, using IssuerOrgid = '10436' :

sOrgId = '10436'

filterStrLoopOrgId = " ((DerivedCategory eq 'BOND') or (DerivedCategory eq 'Note')) and IssuerOrgid  eq '{0}'  and IsActive eq true " \
                     "   and  AssetStatus ne 'MAT' and RIC ne null and ISIN ne null ".format(sOrgId)

respOrgId = rdp.Search.search(view=rdp.SearchViews.GovCorpInstruments, filter=filterStrLoopOrgId, top=GroupSize, select=srchfields)
respOrgId.status
respOrgId.data.raw.shape
rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformeikon-com-apiexcelbonds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

As a complement to what I wrote, just checked that following RICs (all Commerzbank; I get them via RSearch in Excel) do return values when using ek.get_data()

lstRICs = ['DECZ40KK=', 'DECZ40KK=','DECZ40NB=','DECZ40LM=','CH42327930=','CH2609656=','DECZ40LQ=','DECZ40MB=']

Thanks.

Hello @grigorios.mamalis

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@grigorios.mamalis

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
17.1k 80 39 63

Hi @grigorios.mamalis,

I tried all the searches you have above and getting back a lot of results. So, let's break this down. What I noticed was this:

respOrgPermId.statusrespOrgPermId.data.raw.shape

The 'raw' data component is a json object, not a dataframe. Did you try this:

respOrgPermId.statusrespOrgPermId.data.df.shape

Here is a screenshot of what my results look like when I change the above and also print out the results:

1618930490901.png (151.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
16 5 7 10

Hi nick.zincone.1 ,

oh yes. Many thanks for your reply.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.