question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 2

"Failed to convert to UTF8 in RmtesBufferImpl :: toString (). Reason: RSSL_RET_FAILURE”

When I receive an update in EMA C ++, I get the following message: Please tell me what to do.

"Failed to convert to UTF8 in RmtesBufferImpl :: toString (). Reason: RSSL_RET_FAILURE"

The requested RIC is as follows.

OS/ACT13

OS/ACT36

OS/ACT37

OS/ACT39

OS/ACT41

OS/ACT42

OS/ACT43

OS/ACT44

OS/ACT45

OS/ACT88

OS/ACT89

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @tatmatsu

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
7.6k 15 6 9

@tatmatsu

The RIC provides page data and each row uses RMTES data type.

You need to check the type of fieldEntry and then get string using fe.getRmtes().toString()

switch ( fe.getLoadType() )
{
  //...
  case DataType::RmtesEnum:
    cout << fe.getRmtes().toString() << endl;
                break;
}

Also, some RIC may use RMTES partial update in the update message so please refer to information from the following post to decode the data.

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/58724/how-to-check-whether-rmtes-string-contains-partial.html

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.