question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 2 1 1

Elektron SDK for ERT in Cloud

Hi, when I ran "example113__MarketPrice__SessionManagement", the following error was displayed.

Please tell me the possible causes.

The details of the error are as follows.

loggerMsg
ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient
Severity: Error
Text: Failed to add RsslChannel(s) to RsslReactor. Channel name(s)
Instance Name Consumer_3_1
RsslReactor @6e171cd7
RsslChannel null
Error Id -1
Internal sysError 0
Error Location RestReactor.submitAuthRequestBlocking
Error Text failed to submit authorization request, exception = Connect to api.refinitiv.com:443 [api.refinitiv.com/52.77.7.84, api.refinitiv.com/13.251.240.49, api.refinitiv.com/18.136.231.162] failed: Connection timed out: connect
loggerMsgEnd

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @yuichiro.saito

The "java.net.connectException: Connection timed out: connect" exception mean the application did not get a response from server in time. It is most likely to be a network issue. I strongly suggest you contact your network team to verify if api.refinitiv.com:443 is blocked on your site or not.

The other ways to verify are using Postman example (RDP-> Authenticate -> Get Access Token, download here) or the curl command to connect to the endpoint directly:

Example curl command:

curl --location --request POST 'https://api.refinitiv.com/auth/oauth2/v1/token' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' \
--data-urlencode 'username=<myUsername>' \
--data-urlencode 'password=<myPassword>' \
--data-urlencode 'grant_type=password' \
--data-urlencode 'scope=trapi' \
--data-urlencode 'takeExclusiveSignOnControl=true' \
--data-urlencode 'client_id=<myClientId>'
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @wasin.waeosri

Thank you for your response.

When I executed the "curl" command, the following error was displayed.

curl: (7) Failed to connect to api.refinitiv.com port 443: Timed out

curl: (6) Could not resolve host: application

Hello @yuichiro.saito

Based on the curl result, it seems your machine cannot access api.refinitiv.com API endpoint port 443. I suggest you contact your network team to verify on your side.

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @yuichiro.saito

Which version of EMA Java that you are using? I have tested with EMA Java version 3.5.1 (RTSDK 1.5.1) and Java SDK 8, the example113 works fine.

Please note that the EMA Java API needs to send authentication message to RDP Auth Server https://api.refinitiv.com/auth/oauth2/v1/token endpoint first. Does you network block access to api.refinitiv.com endpoint?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @wasin.waeosri

Thank you for your response.
I'm running in a similar environment.

(EMA Java version 3.5.1 (RTSDK 1.5.1) and Java SDK 8)

When I accessed "api.refinitiv.com" from my PC, the login screen was displayed and it was not blocked.

When I run it using Gradle(runconsumer113), I get the following error:

1601544602948.png (41.7 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.