For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
11 2 3 3

404 Returned from MediaCheck API call

After creating a case, for an entity with known negative news (BMW US Capital), I record the SystemCaseID (5nzbfkd6uwje1f2gspmb1o3uk) , and then make a POST request to:

https://rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com/v1/cases/5nzbfkd6uwje1f2gspmb1o3uk/mediacheck/results

With the body:

{
  "pagination": {
    "itemsPerPage": 25,
    "sort": "NEW_TO_OLD"
  }
}

This returns with a 404 error, with a error body of "[]"

What am I doing wrong?

world-checkworld-check-one
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
4.5k 4 8 8

@GDC,

If Media Check is enabled for your account, you will have to use v2 instead of v1 in the URL, as the Media Check is available on v2.

The endpoint for Media Check results is - /v2/cases/{ {case-system-id}}/mediacheck/results

Let us know how it goes.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
4.5k 4 8 8

@GDC,

Thank you for your query.

Can you please confirm if you have saved / screened the case against MEDIA_CHECK providerTypes or just WATCHLIST providerType?

For Media Check results, the case should be saved and screened using the below providerTypes -

"providerTypes": [
        "WATCHLIST", "MEDIA_CHECK
    ],

Hope this clarifies your concern.

icon clock
10 |1500

@Prabhjyot - please see my comment below (It's listed as an "Answer" but should have been a reply)

Upvotes
11 2 3 3

When I try to save the case using the "MEDIA_CHECK" providerType, I get a different error:

So; if I save the case:

{
  "secondaryFields": [
    {
      "typeId": "SFCT_6",
      "value": "USA"
    }
  ],
  "entityType": "ORGANISATION",
  "customFields": [],
  "groupId": "5nzbfkd2er2g1f0dnw7zebv48",
    "WATCHLIST",
    "MEDIA_CHECK"
  ],
  "name": "BMW US Capital"
}

I get this error back:

[
  {
    "error": "INVALID_PROVIDER_TYPE",
    "cause": "Provider types are invalid and must include at least WATCHLIST."
  },
  {
    "error": "INVALID_ENTITY_TYPE",
    "cause": "Entity type is mandatory and must be one of: INDIVIDUAL, ORGANISATION, VESSEL, UNSPECIFIED and must be compatible with each provider type used in screening a case."
  }
]

I don't get this error if I just use "WATCHLIST" only.

This error looks quite similar to this other post:

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/49596/client-watchlist-provider-type-is-causing-an-error.html

Where the issue was product entitlements, how are these managed?

icon clock
10 |1500

@GDC - Your account does not have Media Check enabled, so you are unable to screening using it.

Next response in the following link - https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/67418/product-entitlement-how-are-they-managed.html

Upvotes
11 2 3 3

I have now added "Media Check" to the product entitlements (see screenshot), and I am screening the case with both

"WATCHLIST" and "MEDIA_CHECK"

However I am still getting a 404 Error when I call

https://rms-world-check-one-api-pilot.thomsonreuters.com/v1/cases/5nzbfkd9gzqv1f2o9wmhu6clo/mediacheck/results

With

{
  "pagination": {
    "itemsPerPage": 25,
    "sort": "NEW_TO_OLD"
  }
}

Why still a 404 error ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
4.5k 4 8 8

@GDC,

Can you please share the full case details of the case for which you are getting error 404 for media check results?

API call - SEQ-case-investigate-case-details: Fetch full case details

Endpoint - GET cases/{ {case-system-id}}

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
11 2 3 3

Hi,

I tried calling https://rms-world-check-one-api- pilot.thomsonreuters.com/cases/5nzbfkd9gzqv1f2rxl07ze6dw but it times out. I've even left it for 10 minutes, but the API never responds. - So sorry, I can't get that detail for you.

The media-check does work through the web-interface (worldcheck.refinitiv.com) though.

It seems to happen with any company I try, I've used "Apple", "Facebook", "BMW US Capital" etc.

Any tips or solutions are very welcome!

Fiach

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
11 2 3 3

Hi again...

Sorry, ignore that last message, I forgot the "v1" in the URL.

Here is the Json response;

{
  "caseId": "5nzbfqact64h1f2rxvb5sjq8v",
  "name": "BMW US Capital",
    "WATCHLIST",
    "MEDIA_CHECK"
  ],
  "customFields": [],
  "secondaryFields": [
    {
      "typeId": "SFCT_6",
      "value": "USA",
      "dateTimeValue": null
    }
  ],
  "groupId": "5nzbfkd2er2g1f0dnw7zebv48",
  "entityType": "ORGANISATION",
  "caseSystemId": "5nzbfqact64h1f2rxvb5sjq8w",
  "caseScreeningState": "INITIAL",
  "lifecycleState": "UNARCHIVED",
  "creator": {
    "id": "5nzbfkd2er2g1f0dnwnrn8azi",
    "firstName": "Fiach ",
    "lastName": "Reid",
    "fullName": "Fiach  Reid",
    "email": "rd@globaldataconsortium.com",
    "status": "ACTIVE",
    "registrationKey": "86225f66-8f83-45c5-ae94-8faef8be2bac:86225f66-8f83-45c5-ae94-8faef8be2bac",
    "userId": "5nzbfkd2er2g1f0dnwnrn8azi"
  },
  "modifier": {
    "id": "5nzbfkd2er2g1f0dnwnrn8azi",
    "firstName": "Fiach ",
    "lastName": "Reid",
    "fullName": "Fiach  Reid",
    "email": "rd@globaldataconsortium.com",
    "status": "ACTIVE",
    "registrationKey": "86225f66-8f83-45c5-ae94-8faef8be2bac:86225f66-8f83-45c5-ae94-8faef8be2bac",
    "userId": "5nzbfkd2er2g1f0dnwnrn8azi"
  },
  "assignee": null,
  "creationDate": "2020-10-16T13:13:05.645Z",
  "modificationDate": null,
  "outstandingActions": true
}    

Hope this Helps!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
11 2 3 3

*Just bumping this question* - any idea why I'm getting a 404? Perhaps I'm missing a step?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.