question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 0

In VBA I have *Application.Run "EikonRefreshWorkbook"* as a code line to refresh my excel workbook. I was reading on line that that only refreshes TR equations, I was wondering what a refresh code for RHistory functions would be?

If Application.Run "EikonRefreshWorkbook" works for RHistory just let me know.

Call Sheet4.SpinButton1_SpinDown

DoEvents

Application.Run "EikonRefreshWorkbook"

DoEvents

Application.Run "EikonRefreshWorkbook"

DoEvents

Call CopyPaste

DoEvents

eikoneikon-com-apivbamacros
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @arice

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@arice

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

This command does indeed refresh all Eikon Excel data retrieval functions including RHistory. For more details on this and other commands you can use to refresh data in your spreadsheets using Eikon Excel see this previous thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 2 2 1

While browsing the forum, I noticed that alot of people are complaining of this issue. This issue is so popular. I suggest that some of the moderators would volunteer to make a pictorial tutorial on how to set up an Eikon macro to enforce workbook refresh by time or at an event.

I am not an Excel user, and I am very overwhelmed to learn that I have to be an Excel Advanced Developer to do the most basic task in Eikon, aka get prices. If Eikon can not do its most basic task, please atleast consider making it a simple task for non-developers.

icon clock
10 |1500

@sinan_islam

Thank you for your feedback. I'm not sure I understand what you find challenging. Or what tutorial you'd like to see. Would you mind elaborating? If Excel is in autocalc mode, there's no need to refresh Eikon Excel data functions. They're refreshed automatically by default. The functions also provide fairly granular control over how they're refreshed. You'd typically only want to refresh Eikon Excel functions manually if Excel is in manual calc mode. In this case you can use the button in the ribbon or, as some users prefer, you can use VBA commands. I'm also very confused about your request to make "it a simple task for non-developers". It's not clear to me what is "it" that you find challenging and that you'd like to be a simple task. And then I also don't quite follow the reference to non-developers. This forum is dedicated to software developers utilizing Refinitiv APIs. We're not targeting non-developers here. There are other resources available for non-developers including Help and training in the product, documentation on MyRefinitiv and Refinitiv Helpdesk.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.