Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
38 6 9 11

Download ADVRES research headlines for sponsored research using API and Python

Hello, I'm trying to download both current and historical research headlines for specific companies, and focusing only on sponsored research.

In the Eikon app, I'm aware that I can find this by going to ADVRES, clicking on the dropdown for Contributors >> Independent Research Providers >> and there using a designated tick box to identify Sponsored Research.

I have to download data for many companies however, and would like to do this using the API. I've been looking around (also looking at this Q&A) but have not been able to figure out if this is possible or not.

Would you have any ideas? Again, I'm not interested in the .pdf document (am aware that this isn't available via the API) but am purely interested in exporting the metadata provided, e.g. date, title, ticker, pages, etc.).

Many thanks in advance

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapicompany-research
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @AAMZ

Eikon Data API cannot access to research data from ADVRES app.

In the Q&A, Jason's answer advice that you may use data from "News" but it is not the same data.

ADVRES:

News:

ahs1.png (177.5 KiB)
ahs2.png (222.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 2

have you got an answer?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.