Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted

I am just wondering if it is possible to use the API to access analyst research reports? Could you please help me understand the scope of the API--what is accessible?

I am just wondering if it is possible to use the API to access analyst research reports? Could you please help me understand the scope of the API--what is accessible?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiapiresearch
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Emmanuelle Jerome.Cadahing

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @Emmanuelle Jerome.Cadahing Please see this post - in short you can't get research reports via the Eikon Data API - but you can get news about research reports and targets from brokers. To do this you would need to use the get_news_headlines and get_news_story API calls.

News Headlines queries can be created using the NEWS app (type NEWS into search bar) and narrowed down to focus on particular topics you want eg Broker Research, 3rd party research and many other types of topic. Its best to play around with the NEWS app to generate the query string which you then plug into the news headline call. See an example below for IBM and broker research in English language:

df = ek.get_news_headlines('R:IBM.N AND Topic:RCH AND Language:LEN',count=100)
df

I also wrote an article about using the news API calls here

I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @Emmanuelle Jerome.Cadahing

Eikon Data API(python) provides access to current and historical market data(time series), news headline and story. For more details, please refer to Eikon Data APIs for Python - Reference Guide

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
16 0 0 3

have you got an answer?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.