question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 2 1

RFA API questions

Hello. I was going through the API package for RFA.I have few questions on that
1. Is there any way I can login to RFA other than using the token?
2. I was referring to Real time Market Data 1.6 pdf and I was trying to figure out what tags and how we need to send for market data subscription. I couldnot find any revelant examplesalso in the APi package. Could you please help me here in proceeding further?

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@deepika.palreddy

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply that best answers your question. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@deepika.palreddy

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @deepika.palreddy

The RFA API application can sends the username/DACS ID with the Login request message to login to the OMM Provider that it aims to connecting to. The API itself does not require any token to access the API.

Regarding the data subscription example, the API provides StarterConsumer example in API package's example folder for developers. For RFA Java, it is available at Examples\com\reuters\rfa\example\omm\cons directory.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello Wasin,
The example looks like is picking the session details from the command arguments. I heard in our case we would logon to RFA API through BE request through FIX line and thats where the RFA token is used.

Iam not sure if we have any session details in handy to use.

Hello @deepika.palreddy

The RFA API example/document and resources aim for the Refinitiv Real-Time connection (such as ADS, OMM Interactive Provider, ezd ,etc.).

For the MAPI and Transaction connections detail, please contact the MAPI team via https://transactions.thomsonreuters.com/login.aspx page.

Hope this help.

Upvotes
7.6k 15 6 9

@deepika.palreddy

I'm wondering what the Provider or Server you are connecting to now is? Note that the information that RFA needs to be sent with the login depending on the server-side requirement. If you are using an RDP streaming service, RFA does not provide an interface to connecting to the RDP to get the token. If you start using RFA, I would suggest you move to EMA java instead.

icon clock
10 |1500

Refinitiv denied us from using EMA so I dont think thats possible for us.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.