question

Upvotes
Accepted
43 8 10 12

how to get historic fundamental-financial data for more than 6 years using TRKD api

@wim.ooms, while searching answer for this question I came across query-7638. It says that "GetFinancialStatementsReports_1" provide the mentioned data. Could you please let me know how we can run this API on the webpage here.

https://www.trkd.thomsonreuters.com/SupportSite/TestApi/Op?svc=Fundamentals_1&op=GetFinancialStatementsReports_1

Also does it require additional permission than "Get Financial Statements Reports " API. I already have the access to "Get Financial Statements Reports" but getting error-500 while calling the API in python environment.

api_url = 'http://api.trkd.thomsonreuters.com/api/Fundamentals/Fundamentals.svc/REST/Fundamentals_1/GetStandardFinancials_1'

# company_id = 'IBM.N'
message_request = {
    'GetStandardFinancials_1': {
        'companyId': company_id,
        'companyIdType': 'RIC'
    }
historicalrkd-apirkdfundamentals
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @vijay.singh

I am not a data expert but you can download the Fundamental data coverage guide document in the RKD API --> Fundamentals service --> Coverage button to check if your interested data is available in the service or not.

If you have more questions regarding RKD data coverage, I strongly suggest you contact RKD team directly via http://my.refinitiv.com/ web site.

You can check the service's features, query parameter in the service's Developer document.

fundamental-1.png (136.2 KiB)
fundamental-2.png (204.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @vijay.singh

Do you want to request "Standard Financials" or "Financial Statements Reports" service?

If you want to request "Standard Financials", please see the service detail (request message, URL endpoint, data coverage, etc) in RKD - Fundamental Standard Financials page. The Standard Financials requires a different request message structure from Financial Statements Reports.

Your message_request data is a request message of "Financial Statements Reports" service, not "Standard Financials".

Please see an example code below:

message_request = {
        "GetStandardFinancials_Request_1": {
        "companyId": "IBM.N",
        "companyIdType": "RIC",
        "finStatement": "AIS",
        "startFY": 0,
        "endFY": 0,
        "fpNumber": 0,
        "updateType": "MostRecent",
        "completeStatement": "AllStatements",
        "finalFiling": "AllFilings",
        "lang": "en-US"
     }
    }
api_url = 'http://api.rkd.refinitiv.com/api/Fundamentals/Fundamentals.svc/REST/Fundamentals_1/GetStandardFinancials_1'

headers = {'content-type': 'application/json;charset=utf-8',
               'X-Trkd-Auth-ApplicationID': appid, 'X-Trkd-Auth-Token': token}

requests.post(api_url, data=json.dumps(message_request ), headers=headers)

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
43 8 10 12

@wasin.waeosri thanks a lot for your response. Currently I am using "Financial Statements Reports" api. But I also required the historic financial data(beyond recent 6 years).

Can you please tell if the data provided by "Standard Financials" have the same set of features as "Financial Statements Reports". Also is there any catalogue from where I can see the available features in "Standard Financials" without taking access to this API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
43 8 10 12

@wasin.waeosri thanks a lot for your help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.