Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
75 4 5 6

How to get the market cap name (e.g. mid-cap, small-cap) of a RIC?

Hi,

I know that it is possible to get the Market Cap as a number of a specific timeframe. However, I wonder if it is also possible to get the market cap group, the corresponding company can be put in. For instance if the company belongs between two dates to the small-cap group or the mid-cap group.

Thank you guys in advance!

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apidatarics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

Hi @pfarrer.braun To my knowledge we don't provide such classifications as probably they would vary in different peoples' eyes. Its pretty easy though to just categorise them yourself if you have the TR.MARKETCAPITALISATION field. That said Investopedia classifies small cap $300 million to $2 billion, mid cap between $2 and $10 billion, large cap more than $10 billion. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.