question

Upvotes
Accepted
0 3 3 2

Need help with TREP contribution

Hi,

I am working on module where I need to contribute data to Rifinitiv. It has to be a generic implementation and not specific asset class so that we can extend it to publish anything specific.

I tried to follow the guidance provided at the following Q&A on the forum but most of the links provided there doesnt seem to be working.

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/33502/omm-for-trep.html

I also wanted to download the RFA SDK to be able to see the examples but the download tab on the following url says "Only members of this API can access this content". I have raised an request for access but haven't been fulfilled yet.

https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/thomson-reuters-enterprise-platform/robust-foundation-api-rfa-java/downloads

We are currently having a consumer application which uses the com.reuters.rfa.omm library, but nothing that publishes/ contributes the data.

Can you please help me with this?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimetreprfajavacontributions
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

Client contacted me offline and I had a meeting with them to explain the lay of the land.

Hello @ajay.gupta

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Hi @ajay.gupta,

RFA is a feature complete API and we recommend that all new applications use the newer Refinitiv Real-Time SDK (formarly EMA) API. It is quite easy to use compared to RFA.

You can see the Java quickstart and tutorials here. You will see an Examples directory in the SDK package, with examples for consumers and providers.

I would recommend that you start with the quickstart and read the docs, and then ask questions as you start developing the provider app. A quick note on the contributions - you are able to publish data locally to your TREP, using the provider interfaces, or you can contribute the data to your local ATS, or you can contribute the data to Refinitiv for fan out to the whole world (Refinitiv Contribution Channel). When you say contribute, I presume you mean first two options.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
0 3 3 2

Hi Gurpreet, can you please provide me the link where I can download the JAR distribution of the Refinitiv Real-Time SDK to be able to use the classes in my code?

I have downloaded the Real-Time-SDK-2.0.0.L1.java.zip but it just has the Java interfaces.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @ajay.gupta, The Real-Time-SDK-2.0.0.L1.java.zip is the complete package and has everything to build a consumer or contributor application.

I would suggest that you follow the Quickstart step by step here, and followup with the tutorials on consumer and contribution. If there is any specific question you can start a new post for it - this will allow us to track the answers.

Hello @ajay.gupta

Did you download the SDK package from https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/elektron/elektron-sdk-java/download link? The package from this link contains all SDK jar files for the application.

If you download the SDK package/source code from GitHub, you can use Gradle to build the SDK jar files. Please follow the instructions in the project readme file.

Hi @Gurpreet, @wasin.waeosri,

Thanks for your guidance, it really helped.

Yes I was able to download all the jars in the SDK and able to use it.

My requirement is to contribute data to the internal TREP platform so I am using the EMA NI Provider and was looking at the examples under "EMA NI Provider - Publishing our first Market Price". It is sending a refresh message but I am not sure if that will be right message to use for publishing a message.

I was going through the documentation at https://developers.refinitiv.com/content/dam/devportal/api-families/elektron/elektron-sdk-c/documentation/overview-and-concepts/api_concepts_guide.pdf but unable to differentiate which is is the appropriate message to use for publishing data?

If we take the example of publishing Market price, how is a refresh message different from post message or generic message?

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @ajay.gupta

RTSDK (Java and C++) supports various ways to contribute or publish your data to your local Refinitiv Real-Time Distribution system (ADS and ADH servers aka TREP).

• Posting: used by consumers to push content into any cache within the ADS-ADH servers.
  • Interactive Providers (IP): receive requests from the infrastructure and must respond interactively to these requests.
  • Non-Interactive Provider (NIP): is a broadcast-publishing type of provider. Its main purpose is to make its services available to consumers through ADH infrastructure components.

Please refer to this post regarding the difference between the Posting and Non-Interactive Provider. It is based on your requirement that which way is matching you application.

You can find the NIP tutorials which give you a step-by-step guide for the NIP application/infrastructure in "EMA NI Provider" section of EMA Java document page.

rtsdk-java.png (74.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.