Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Internal Server Error, Could you tell me Eikon's IP for checking our firewall?

Hi,

I've been using the API since August.

and since October 13, there's been a sudden error code below

HTTP request failed: EikonError-Server Error: {"code":500,"message":"self signed certificate in certificate chain","statusMessage":"Internal Server Error"}

When I read the Q&A, I heard it's likely to be a firewall problem within the company.

so I asked our IT team about this problem.

and out IT team said they need Eikon's IP address for API calls to check this issue.

So could you tell me the IP address of eikon?

If not, I would appreciate it if you let me know the URL that connects internally to API calls.

In addition, is there any changes in Eikon internal security after October 13th?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apierrorfirewall
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @jiwlim

I moved this question to "Eikon Data APIs" forum.

Hello @jiwlim

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@jiwlim

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

The root cause of this problem is a software deficiency in Eikon API Proxy v1.1.0.12 and 1.1.0.13, which are not able to pick up certificate from Windows Certificate Store required for an Internet proxy that inspects HTTPS traffic. The problem is addressed in the latest Eikon API Proxy v1.1.0.15, which can pick up the certificate with the addition of NODE_EXTRA_CA_CERTS environment variable pointing to the location of the certificate file on user's machine. The ability to pick up the certificate from Windows Certificate Store will be restored in future versions of Eikon API Proxy. At this moment the best workaround is to make sure you have Eikon API Proxy v1.1.0.15 and add NODE_EXTRA_CA_CERTS environment variable pointing to the location of the certificate file. If you have Eikon API Proxy version lower than v1.1.0.15 or if you need help determining which version of Eikon API Proxy you have installed, please contact Refinitiv Helpdesk, which can be reached using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application or by visiting MyRefinitiv.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @jiwlim

I asked your account manager to introduce CSM(aka Technical Account Manager) to contact you regarding this Eikon's requirement.
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.