question

Upvotes
Accepted
35 5 8 7

EMA Tunnel Channel Disconnected

Hi Team

I've followed the tutorial for -

EMA Consumer - Posting data to Contribution Channel

using the following values on EmaConfig.xml (file taken from tutorial source code)

<Channel>

<ChannelType value="ChannelType::RSSL_ENCRYPTED"/>

<Host value="10.66.21.150"/>

<Port value="14002"/>

</Channel>

the following error comes when i try to create the OMMConsumer

I tried also without the EmaConfigFile.xml giving the parameters as string but either way it fails

Im trying to test the contributions with this tool

could you help me, please?

Thanks in advance

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apirefinitiv-realtime-sdk
1608238251251.png (437.0 KiB)
1608238268847.png (252.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @carlosrodrigo.arce,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@carlosrodrigo.arce

The EMA Java - RCC Contribution Example demonstrates how to directly connect to RCC server (chp02-emea2.thomsonreuters.com) to contribute the data. The configuration should be:

<ChannelList>
        <Channel>
            <Name value="Channel_1"/>
            <ChannelType value="ChannelType::RSSL_ENCRYPTED"/>
            <!-- CompressionType is optional: defaulted to None -->
            <!-- possible values: None, ZLib, LZ4 -->
            <CompressionType value="CompressionType::None"/>
            <GuaranteedOutputBuffers value="5000"/>
            <!-- ConnectionPingTimeout is optional: defaulted to 30000 -->
            <ConnectionPingTimeout value="30000"/>
            <!-- TcpNodelay is optional: defaulted to 1 -->
            <!-- possible values: 1 (tcp_nodelay option set), 0 (tcp_nodelay not set) -->
            <TcpNodelay value="1"/>
            <Host value="chp02-emea1.thomsonreuters.com"/>
            <Port value="443"/>
        </Channel>
    </ChannelList>

The Host is chp02-emea1.thomsonreuters.com and the Port is 443.

However, from your configuration, you are using TCP port 14002 which looks that you would like to contribute data to Refinitiv Real-Time Distribution System (TREP). In this case, you can use the example 341__MarketPrice__OffStreamPost in the EMA Java package to contribute data, as mentioned in this Contributing your data to Refinitiv article.

I think you need to verify:

- You are connecting to RCC server or Refinitiv Real-Time Distribution System (TREP) to contribute the data.

- If you are connecting to Refinitiv Real-Time Distribution System (TREP), you would like to contribute data to RCC or a local contribution server, such as ATS.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.