question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 2 0

Getting error While fetching rates through LPC, Unable to open or read specified input file

We are getting below error while fetching rates through LCP: Dec 17, 2020 7:39:53 PM com.reuters.rfa.internal.session.md.DictLoader$DataDictInfoWatchEntry runImpl INFO: com.reuters.rfa.session Attempt to download MarketFeed dictionary failed Exception requesting dictionary: Unable to open or read specified input file
elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apierror
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @sonali.rane

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @sonali.rane

Thanks for confirming the parameter values,

Can you also confirm the enumtype.def and RDMFieldDictionary are in the locations specified?

../../etc/enumtype.def
../../etc/RDMFieldDictionary

If you refer to your original error message, the final part is 'Unable to open or read specified input file' - which would suggest LPC cannot locate them.

Perhaps it would be better to specify the absolute path for the files, rather than relative paths - just to be absolutely sure the LPC converter is looking in the right place.

If the above is correct or you change the paths to absolute paths and you are still unable to download the dictionary, then I recommend you raise a My.Refinitiv support ticket. This forum is primarily for API 'how to' and programming type queries. The moderators are mostly LPC users and not LPC experts - therefore, the assistance we can offer is limited.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @sonali.rane

Is this an existing LPC installation + existing application that has suddenly stopped working or is this a new install and/or new application?

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @sonali.rane

Also please confirm which version of LPC you are using?

Hi Umer,

Thanks..

It's new LPC installation and trying to fetch market rates very first time through LPC.

The LPC Version is 1.2.0.

Hi Umer,

Thanks..

It's new LPC installation and trying to fetch market rates very first time through LPC.

The LPC Version is 1.2.0.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @sonali.rane

Please refer to section 9.2 of the Refinitiv_Real-Time_Legacy_Protocol_Converter.pdf which comes with the LPC installation package.

Have you set the downloadDictionary parameter to True? If it is False, then can you confirm the data dictionary files are in the configured location e.g.?

*lpc*downloadDictionary : False
*lpc*enumFile : /opt/lpc/etc/enumtype.def
*lpc*fieldDictionary : /opt/lpc/etc/RDMFieldDictionary

Even if set to True, as per the documentation, if the download fails it would still try to load from the local files - so please ensure the files are present in the locations specified in the above config parameters.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 2 2 0
Hi Umer, Follwing is the configuration at my end: !! !! Dictionary Parameters !! *lpc*downloadDictionary : True *lpc*enumFile : ../../etc/enumtype.def *lpc*fieldDictionary : ../../etc/RDMFieldDictionary The *lpc*downloadDictionary is set as TRUE only. Kindly check and guide, if we are missing anything else
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 2 2 0
Hi Umer, Thanks. I relative path is correct. But I will try once after setting absolute path also. and update you the response. Thanks you so much.
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @sonali.rane

Did the above work? If not, when you raise a My.Refinitiv support ticket, please attach your lpc.log and lpc.cnf files to the ticket. Also, post the ticket number here so I can pass it onto the LPC support team.

Upvotes
232 2 0 0

Hello @sonali.rane

By reading your descriptions, it looks like there are 2 components in play: LPC and your RFA application.

Current answers believe that there is a problem with LPC retrieving the dictionary. If that is the case, then please check the LPC log file and report back of any problems.

However, the main description indicates a problem with the RFA application retrieving the dictionary when connecting into LPC. The dictionary request from RFA should traverse through LPC to the Refinitiv Cloud component and come back down. You may want to check the LPC log to verify that your RFA client is correctly connecting to the cloud. Also, see if there is a way for your RFA client to load a dictionary file rather than performing a message request.

LPC 1.2.0.L1 was just launched recently. Can you report the full version string of LPC? There is an additional hash ID with the version string that I would like to see.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.