For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
33 0 1 4

LPC Usage with AWS Privatelink

For customers migrating from EZD to Realtime Optimized via Legacy Protocol Converter (LPC), is it possible to use LPC through AWS PrivateLink? After viewing the LPC installation guide on DevComm, I did not see any step to configure the access endpoint or URL which would need to be customized to work with PrivateLink. Is LPC only compatible with standard Internet connectivity?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Have asked Chris Dugan if he is able to answer this..

Hi @nicolas.ooka

I just noticed you asked a question around this on the Technical Interest Group Teams Channel - so I am assuming the answer provided by Matt Eddy was not detailed enough to help the customer?

I have reached out to a few other people to see if they can help with this. Most of the moderators on this forum are LPC users, not experts...

Hi @umer.nalla!

Thanks for your reply and noticing my question on the Teams channel. This question is actually for a different customer that is migrating from Elektron Connect to Optimized. I introduced both the Internet and PrivateLink options, but since they have decided to migrate using LPC, I wasn't sure if PrivateLink would be feasible. I checked the LPC installation doc but I couldn't find how to configure a specific endpoint URL which I believe would be required when using PrivateLink. The LPC doc only seems to show the standard Internet DNS names for the three Optimized regions. If I need to reach out to a different group for LPC queries, not a problem.

I have asked our LPC contact to respond on here and also emailed them directly - hopefully hear something back soon either way.

Show more comments
Upvote
Accepted
232 2 0 0

Section 4.4 of the Refinitiv Real-Time Legacy Protocol Converter 1.2 shows how to configure RRTLPC for AWS Private Link. To actually implement Private Link to the Refinitv Real-Time service, you must follow the procedures in the Refinitiv Real-Time Cloud document.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
33 0 1 4

One more follow up question if I may. Customer also wants to confirm if the client application connecting to the LPC can designate a hostname rather than a specific IP address to connect to the LPC process. I would assume that provided the application has the ability to resolve the hostname to an IP address that a hostname would also be possible. Thanks again!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @nicolas.ooka

AFAIK name resolution etc is a function of the OS - rather than the API / application etc.

I run the LPC converter on my Windows PC and if I want to consume data from it using one of our APIs, I can set the Host parameter in the API config to any of the following and it works

• localhost
  • PC-AB1234567 (assuming this is my actual PC hostname)

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
33 0 1 4

Thanks again @umer.nalla

Yes, I would expect that as long as the system the application is running on is capable of normal name resolution that using a hostname instead of an IP address should work fine.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
33 0 1 4

Thanks so much @christopher.dugan1! I must have been looking at the older v1.1 of the installation manual. Very glad to know that AWS PrivateLink can work with LPC!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.