For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 2 5

Visual Studio 2013 support for RFA C++ library

I notice in the latest notification spreadsheet PCN 12229 which is applicable to the Elektron SDK - C / C++ API

"Visual Studio 2012 and 2013 are on extended support from Microsoft until January 2023 and April 2024 respectively, therefore it is imperative that the Refinitiv Real-time APIs move away from them. These will not be supported from 31 July 2021. Red Hat Linux 6.0 will also not be supported from 31 July 2021."

I couldn't find any statement regarding the Robust Foundation API, RFA - C++ Edition API. Will this API be supported on Visual Studio 2013 post July 2021?

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

Contacted Tirthankar via an email to help the client.

@mike.ford

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @mike.ford

I have checked with the RFA product team. The team confirms that Visual Studio 2013 will still be supported by the RFA C++ API for a while but not in a long term. You may wish to move to Visual Studio 2017 or higher.

Alternatively, you may consider the strategic Refinitiv Real-Time SDK (RTSDK) which has more proactive activities such as new features, enhancements, and bug fixes.

Please find more detail regarding the RTSDK C++ on this page.

Note: The RFA API is a feature-completed API (non-strategic).

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.