question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 5 6

The app key for RDP open_desktop_session not working

Hi,

I've written a sample code that looks like below for better explaination:

import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp
test = rdp.open_desktop_session(api_key)
print(test.get_open_state())
print(rdp.__version__)
print(rdp.search(view = rdp.SearchViews.FixedIncomeQuotes,
    filter = "IssuerTicker eq 'HHYON'",
    select = "IssuerCommonName,IssuerOAPermID",
    top=1))

The output of open state is State.Open and the version is 1.0.0a7.post7. However, the search result returns None and any other rdp function returnsNone as well.

I'm running Eikon API Proxy on my desktop and created a valid api key under API type of, "EDP API" and "Eikon Data API".

Would be great if I could know what is wrong with the steps I've taken

Thank you.

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@vuk.magdelinic

Eikon API Proxy app is no longer supported. While you may still be able to use it with Eikon Data APIs library, I don't believe you can use it to access RDP.

As @chavalit.jintamalit said, to use RDP Library with a desktop session you need either Eikon desktop application or Refinitiv Workspace application. The former is only available for Windows. If you'd like to use RDP Library in your own development environment on MacOS, the only option is Refinitiv Workspace. I suggest you reach out to your Refinitiv account manager to see how your account could be enabled to use Refinitiv Workspace.

Another alternative is to run your code in Codebook, which you can access through Eikon Web in a browser using your existing Eikon account credentials.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @vuk.magdelinic

Can you share the screenshot of the Eikon API Proxy on your desktop?

Do you mean Eikon Desktop application or do you mean Eikon API Proxy application?

According to RDP Library Python guide here, it requires an Eikon Desktop application or Refinitiv Workspace application to be running on the same machine.

If accessing content from:
    Desktop (Eikon 4.0.36 or greater / Refinitiv Workspace 1.8 or greater) 
icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @chavalit.jintamalit,

Sure, I've attached the screenshot.

I have Eikon API Proxy open, not the Eikon Desktop Application.

So should I download the Eikon Desktop application? Does this application support mac?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.