For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Refinitiv Data Platform authentication HTTP code: 400 Bad Request

Hi May I know if the examples provided in Download is the same as those in Gitlab. Reason asking is that in the QuickStart has mentioned that "The Refinitiv Real-Time - Optimized Quick Start example application is available for download at Refinitiv Developer Community: WebSocket API download page or Refinitiv/websocket-api: GitHub page. "

However I found the files have different names

- In Download page below it is "market_price_edpgw_service_discovery.py"

- In Gitlab page it is "market_price_rdpgw_service_discovery.py "

And when I tried to run the example as guided in the Quick Start

python market_price_rdpgw_service_discovery.py --user xxxx --password xxx --clientid xxx

I got the following errors

Refinitiv Data Platform authentication HTTP code: 400 Bad Request

Can you please advise what may have been wrong? Thanks

pythonwebsocketsrrtorefinitiv-realtime-optimised
1618564949440.png (36.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@JoJo

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @JoJo

Apologies - the rdp_aws_examples.zip file should have been deleted - which I have now done (the RDP examples are contained within the main Websocket API Sample Applications zip file in an RDP subfolder and should be identical to the GitHub versions)

Can you confirm you are providing the correct parameters:

• -user = is the MachineID you would have received in a Welcome email e.g. GE-A-01234567-0-1234
  • -password = the long password set using the above Welcome email link
  • -clientID = the AppKey generated using App Key Generator (and clicking the EDP API checkbox)

Details of the key generator and other information can be found in the Websocket API - RRTO QuickStart

If you are using the correct parameters, please provide some more of the output - before and after the error.

Please do NOT include any username, password or clientID in the shared output.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @JoJo

I have just checked and I don't see any MachineID allocated to an account linked to your email address. If this is the case, please reach out to your Refinitiv Account contact and discuss the possibility of a trial.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.