question

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 1

error: invalid_client

I've tried following the postman tutorial located at Tutorials | Refinitiv Developers , but cannot get an access token. The appkey generator seems to work fine, but when I try the Authorize step in said tutorial I receive:

{

"error": "invalid_client",

"error_description": "Invalid Application Credential."

}

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
21 0 0 1

This is now resolved. It seems there is quite a bit of change between the version of postman used in the tutorial and the latest version. For example, ACCESS_TOKEN seems like it needs to be local to the Collection, not part of an Environment. The post query Tests are not working as expected e,g, dynamically passing the ACCESS_TOKEN from json to the Postman variable is not working.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @anthony.corr

Thanks for the update, I will pass on your comments to the appropriate team to check.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @anthony.corr

Have you worked through the Quick Start | Refinitiv Developers to ensure you have valid credentials such as MachineID, long password - as well as the AppKey? And did you select EDP API checkbox when creating your AppKey?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.