question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 3 2 3

CodeBook 403 for external connection

In CodeBook I am getting 403 forbidden or 403 max retries reached for any connection, I assuming, outside the server network.

For example, it would be useful to use the Intelligent Tagging API at https://api-eit.refinitiv.com/permid/calais or scrape some information off of a wikipedia page.

I guess these are blocked at the moment. Is it possible to get outside connections unblocked? It would be extremely useful.

The full error message for the tagging API case is:

ProxyError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api-eit.refinitiv.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /permid/calais (Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', OSError('Tunnel connection failed: 403 Forbidden')))

Edit: Forgot to mention. I've contacted support and they suggested asking here.

intelligent-tagging-apicodebookintelligent-taggingopen-calais-apisemantic-metadata-taggingerror-403networking
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @james123

I have passed your feedback to the CodeBook product manager.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@chavalit.jintamalit Thank you. Does that also mean that I am correct in assuming that the errors I am receiving are due blocked connectivity?

Hi @james123

Yes, you are correct.

Currently, the connection to "https://api-eit.refinitiv.com/permid/calais" is being blocked on the Codebook.

@chavalit.jintamalit Thank you for the clarification. To add to any feedback. It would be extremely useful to have broader internet connectivity available beyond this API.

Upvotes
30 4 6 13

I have the same message when using the pre-installed yahoo finance ... in CodeBook for Datastream

import pandas as pd
import yfinance as yf

tsla_df = yf.download('TSLA', 
                      start='2020-01-01', 
                      end='2021-10-30', 
                      progress=False)
tsla_df.head()

There is no possibility to set first the "requests" with verify=false to avoid the proxy? Any idea?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.